- Analyzing Drugs
- If something is legal it must therefore be perfectly safe and it means the government recommends everyone does it?
- Why Do People Try — Why Do People Use — Drugs? Part 1 (Version 1.1.4)
- Ending Prohibition
- A Working Vocabulary
- Objections to Ending Prohibition
- The Diseased Theory of Addiction
- Pregnancy and Drug Use - The Facts
- Do You Have Aging Parents or Friends?
- Drug Availability
- Harm Reduction
- Drug use not tied to mental decline in middle-age
- DEA Analyst, Before Drug War 1.3% Population Addicted to Drugs, $1Trillion Dollars Later, 1.3% Addicted
- Judge Jim Gray's Top 10 Drug Policy Goals
- Specific Drugs
- Coca and Cocaine
- Dr. Lester Grinspoon Speaks in Favor of Marijuana
- Frontline Investigates?
- Harvard Economist Reports (2005) on the Budgetary Implications of Marijuana Prohibition
- Judge Gray Testifies Reasons to Legalize Marijuana
- McLaughlin Group Discusses Ending Marijuana Prohibition Video
- One Reason the Boston Globe (and others) Badmouth Marijuana
- Pete Tutmark, 33-year Police Veteran Advises Legalizing Marijuana
- Sheriff, John Urquhart, Legalizing Marijuana is Good Policy
- Tony Budden on History and Myriad Modern-Day Uses of Cannabis
- Travel Expert Hosts "Marijuana: It’s Time for a Conversation"
- Very Important Potheads
- Willie Nelson on Marijuana on Larry King Live
- ‘One striking chart shows why pharma companies are fighting legal marijuana’
- Marijuana, Untapped Healing Properties
Dr. Lester Grinspoon Speaks in Favor of Marijuana
This man turned 80 years old in 2008!
Some excellent quotes from the video:
“I’ve been smoking marijuana for 44 years now, and agree with professor Nesson, I think it's a tremendous blessing!
“In fact, I first began to look at marijuana as a professor of psychiatry at Harvard medical school in 1967…”
“I wanted to do something about all these young people who were using this terribly dangerous drug and perhaps if I could write a reasonably objective statement about this and get it published, in a vehicle which they would be interested in, maybe I could do something about it.
“Much to my astonishment, here I was trained in science and medicine and had to discover that I had been brainwashed like just about every other American.”
“I first approached it [marijuana] from the point of view—you know—I was sure it was unsafe. Once I was convinced that it was safe, and satisfied my curiosity about it, it took me a number of years to realize what a remarkable substance it was.
“I have also concluded that there's a third reason [for humans to use marijuana], I mean, there’s recreation, there’s medicine, and there’s what I call ‘enhancement.’”
“It astonishes me that we can’t get around this prohibition. It’s like something is sacred about it. You can’t question it. You can’t bring any factual data to it…”
3.20.08 #2 - Lester Grinspoon
This man has studied marijuana, first from the medical world, with a prohibitionist mind-set. But not long after he engaged in serious study of marijuana did he realize the many benefits of the marijuana plant.
My Dad and this man are the same age. My Dad is getting symptoms of Alzheimer's and I wish he was not under a mis-impression, forced on us as an illegal, unconstitutional, un-Biblical religion of hate against the marijuana plant. The mis-impression that marijuana is bad for him.