I recently found this interesting article and collection of links. Titled “The Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie,” author Pete Guither quotes the Congressional mandate for the “Drug Czar” (none of which—to the best of my knowledge—has ever been a doctor or scientist):
Responsibilities. --The Director-- [...]
(12) shall ensure that no Federal funds appropriated to the Office of National Drug Control Policy shall be expended for any study or contract relating to the legalization (for a medical use or any other use) of a substance listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812) and take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of a substance (in any form) that--
- is listed in schedule I of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812); and
- has not been approved for use for medical purposes by the Food and Drug Administration;
So instead of being in a position to be rational, seeking the truth, and encouraging others to seek the truth. The Drug Czar must blindly fight for arbitrary, non-medical, and non-sensical, categorizations of drugs.
I may try to write up my own version of this atrocity here, but for now, I encourage you to read it over at the Drug War Rant The Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie. You will find many links that support his analysis and point to further information.
In conclusion, let me say this is part of why our formerly great country is going down the tubes:
- contradictory missions of governing bodies,
- people outside their areas of expertise having jurisdiction over others who do have expertise,
- officials beholden to mammoth financial interests with a conflict of interest,
- the notion that crushing others with force is better than using reason and logic, and
- an un-Christian attitude of forcibly controling others’ lives that is contrary to the example the Messiah gave us AND instructions—and values—found in the Founding Documents.