Social Objection to Ending Prohibition (Actually a Religious Objection)
“[Someone] told me the Devil made marijuana. Is that true?”
Fact: No. There are many scriptural references below for your edification.
First, please note that religion should not be forced in to U.S. laws. It is against our Constitution! We love religion, but not forcing it on others! Jesus didm’t encourage us to force our wills on others! It is an aberration of our Founding Documents to prohibit cannabis use. In fact our Founding Fathers used it and recommend it.
- In Genesis 1:11-12 God created plants and declared them good.
- In Genesis 1:29 God tells humanity that all seed bearing plants can be used for food.
- In Mark 7:18-20 God told Jesus to tell us that nothing you put inside yourself makes you spiritually repugnant to God, it's what comes out of your mouth that can. (And yes, just like that passage “declares” all foods clean, that passage and this essay shows that I'm talking about more than just marijuana.)
- In Acts 10:14-16 God told Peter that he should not call unclean the things God has cleaned. (For the doubters, see last bullet point.)
- In Matthew 23:13 Jesus is furious at the religious leaders and teachers of the law for not entering God’s kingdom and for preventing those of us who wish to enter, from entering.
- In Titus 1:11-16, the author writes about
- those who ruin whole households (like sending family members to prison for arbitrary offenses, like marijuana), and
- who seek dishonest gain (like those who have a conflict of interest in the continuation of the War on Drugs), and
- those who reject the truth (like the tons of evidence that marijuana is beneficial, has healing properties, and the recommendations from hundreds of qualified specialists and panels assembled specifically to address ending the religion of hate against marijuana), and that
- “to the pure, all things are pure,” but to those who are corrupted and don’t believe, both their minds and consciences are corrupted, they claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.
- In 1 Timothy 4:1-6 God tells Paul to remind Timothy that everything God created is good! And that in latter times some would depart from the faith due to lying spirits, deceitful, and hypocritical people, and sway many others with their lies, cruelly forcing their own perverse wills on others and forbidding them to partake in God’s plants which help us know God. [Verse as video, Related Humorous Video]
- In Luke 4:18 Jesus reminds us his goal is to set prisoners free.
- In Matthew 25:31-46 Jesus teaches a parable about people who are concerned about people in prison versus the callous who do not. (Yes this means you who bully legislators accusing them of being “soft on crime” if they even consider legalization.)
- In Matthew 25:14-30 Jesus teaches us that God harvests where he did not sew and gathers where he has not scattered seed. So even if God did not make the marijuana plant — which we patently reject — God redeemed it and given it to those of us who worship God. And if you fear God, you’d better read this parable, because the repercussions from continuing to bury the truth and “hide” it from us are awful.
And last but not least…
But what about the zealots who go around condemning marijuana? See the references above to Matthew, Mark, Acts, Titus, and 1 Timothy. Also this one, Matthew 23:15, about how some of the converted act, and where they're headed.
Conclusion: The cannabis plant is a blessing from God! To anyone who actually reads up about the plant, we know it has myriad uses, fiber for rope, fiber for cloth, medicine, pulp for paper, edible seeds, a great incense, and on and on…