Saturday, March 3, 2012 9:30am-12:30pm
17848 Sky Park Circle, Irvine, CA 92614
To register or for more information: 619-670-1184
- Learn grassroots advocacy tools
- Learn how to promote policies of harm reduction & restorative justice
- Learn how to be effective in enlisting support from neighbors and family
- Develop skills in talking to legislators and the media
- Hone ability to tell your story in order to advocate for sane drug policy
- Practice talking points of Moms United to End the War on Drugs mission
Registration: $20 includes workshop, materials, coffee & muffins
Co-sponsored by Broken No More
More specifics are here:
Mothers and parents are taking a leading position to end the violence, mass incarceration and overdose deaths that are a result of current punitive and discriminatory drug policies. We are building a movement to stop the stigmatization and criminalization of people who use drugs or who are addicted to drugs. We are urgently calling for health-oriented strategies and widespread drug policy reform in order to stop the irresponsible waste of dollars and resources, and the devastating loss of lives and liberty.
Moms United to End the War on Drugs:
Mothers, family members, healthcare professionals and individuals in recovery are joining together to bring focus to our country's failed drug policies and the havoc they have wreaked on our families. Moms United to End the War on Drugs is a growing movement to stop the violence, mass incarceration and overdose deaths that are the result of current punitive and discriminatory drug policies. We are advocating for therapeutic drug policies that reduce the harms of drugs and current drug laws.